Beautiful Antique Yacht
Palm Beach, FL
Amazing opportunity to own one of JohnTrumpy's magnificent yachts. Flying Lady has been completely restored andupdated. The big advantagewith this yacht is its C/flex fiberglass hull that was built over the original wood hull. This improvement made her much stronger, addednew life that make'sthis antique yacht much easier to maintain. Other improvements addedwere West-Mar stabilizers and bow thruster, stern jet thruster.Theelectronics were all updated and built into fold away cabinets.Her crew and passengers can cruise in air condition comfort with reliable updated systems. All the interior has been redecorated and kept in traditional décor of the glory days.Flying Lady is beautifully restored andprofessionally maintained.Just back from the FloridaKeys.Start your adventure today! She turns heads where ever it goes!
- NameFlying Lady
- Current Price$850,000
- Hull MaterialComposite
- Fuel Capacity400|gallon
- Beam16.42 ft
- Location (city)Palm Beach
- Location (state)FL
- Location (country)US
- MLS® #7195097
- ModelClassic fiberglass hull
- TitleBeautiful Antique Yacht
- Sub-TypeAntique and Classics, Trawlers, Motor Yachts
- # of Cabins4
- # of Heads3
- Dry Weight63,000 lb
- Propeller Type4 Blade, Bronze
- Propeller Type4 Blade, Bronze
Beautiful covered aft deck area with hard weather curtains, roll up vinyl /plastic glass curtains.The sole is bright finished plank mahogany. Trumpy custom furniture. Designer matched carpet and fabrics. New, hugecolor flat screen TV that folds away to overhead when not in use. Through the aft salon access doors is a huge climate controlled salon with plenty ofwindows to view the beautiful scenery. In the salon are beautiful furnishings for comfort and entertaining. Features include custom antique writer's desk, wet bar with sink, ice maker refrigerator, flat screen TV and sound systems in cabinets.Beautifully decorated with custom wood cabinetry and wood furnishings.Designer matched carpet and fabrics for upholstery and window coverings. Forward of salon is thewheelhouse with port and starboard doors to side decks. Most striking is the beautiful bright finished mahogany cabinet work for the built in electronics.There is a comfortable helm stool and a wide leather bench seat. In the wheelhouse the captain will be most comfortable and have all the equipment to bring you to your favorite destinations.Accessforward in salon to starboard are stairs down to galley, crew quarters and engine room. The galley features granite counter tops, electric cook top, oven, microwave oven, dishwasher refrigerators, freezer and other portable appliances. The crew quarters have two cozy top berths. There is a TV for entertainment, washer drier, deep freezer, hanging locker, storage cabinets and drawers. Thehead is forward with shower stall. In the salonaft are stairs down to the full beam master stateroom with two very comfortable wide berths, hanging lockers and drawer storage. There is an in-suite head with sink and separate shower stall. There are two gueststaterooms forward with the starboard having directaccess door to the head. Bothstaterooms have two twin berths with hanging lockers anddrawer storage. Allcabins have beenupdated, newly decorated and furnished. All interior living space in the of the yacht isclimate controlled with seven digital thermostats. All three heads on the vessel havefresh water flush electric toilets.Her new owners will cruise in comfort for many years with new, rebuilt, reliable systems on the "Flying Lady".
- 50 Amp250 volt AC electric power. (2) 50/125voltpower cords.
- Onan 21.5 kw 125/250 volt generator with 3300 hours.
- 32and 12 volt DC electric power.
- Sentry 12-32 volt 30 amp battery charger.
- Sentry 2-32 volt 40 amp battery charger.
- PhaseIII 25W charger
- Charles C-power ISO boost transformer (2)
- Marine Galvanic Isolators (2)
- Electric wiring and circuits refit to ABYC standards.
- Transmissions: (2) Borg Warner Velvet Drive 2.91-1.00
- Shafts: (2) 2" stainless steel with jack shaft and dripless shaft seals.
- Propellers: (2) 26"X 22" four blade bronze. Reconditioned 2019.
- Stabilizers: (2) West-Mar hydraulic.
- Bow thruster: (1) West-Mar hydraulic.
- Stern thruster: (1) Exsoltec marine jet thruster, (new 2019).
- Fuel filters:(3) Racor with fuel pressure gauges.
- Ideal anchor windlass, 32 volt.
- (2) Garmin Chart plotter monitors with depth, speed and other display.
- Furuno 72 mile radar #FR8062.
- FLIR night vision camera.
- Engine room camera.
- Rear facing camera.
- Uniden VHF radio with command mic. (2)
- Standard Horizon Multy-Plex MD150
- AIS transponder.
- Danforth compass.
- Two (2) fiberglass dingys in cradles, with oars, coverandpipe davits.
- Trumpysmoke stack is now free and open forstorage inside.
- Folding flag mast.
- Trumpet horns (3).
- Radar antenna.
- GPS antennas.
- VHF antennas.
- Satellite antenna TV.
- Granite counter tops (rose black)
- Kenyon 3 burner electric cook top (black)
- GE Profile oven
- GE Profile microwave oven
- Sub-Zero drawerstyle freezer
- Sub-Zero Refrigerators (2) (under counter with panel front)
- Kohler double sink with garbage disposal
- Washer Dryer (forward in crew quarters)
- Freezer (forward in crew quarters)
- Portable coffee maker / toaster
- New, Exsoltec Marine stern jet thruster.
- New Batteries, October 2019.
- New, LG flat screen TV aft sun deck.
- New, FXll digital air conditioning controls.
- New, Arid bilge system that detects moisture in bilge.
- Air conditions serviced, one compressor replaced, plumbing replaced.
- Converted all three heads to fresh water flush and replaced all hoses.
- Bed mattresses and bedding replaced 2018.
- Starboard transmission rebuilt, replaced shaft brushes, cutlass bearings.
- New domestic water monitor system in master stateroom.
- Rebuilt and serviced hydraulic systems to include bow thruster / stabilizers.
- Serviced all seacocks and strainers replaced hoses where needed.
- Paint and varnish touch ups, and recoat,re-paint boottop touch up topsides.
- Propellers reconditioned tuned and balanced, cutlass bearings replaced, rudder hardware inspected,all underwater zincs replaced October 2019.
- Paint bottom two coats Sea Hawk blueProp speed on rudder and propellers October 2019.
- Cabin house bright work completely redone in April / May 2020.
The "Flying Lady" has never looked so good.The current proud owner has loved owning and restoring this fine Trumpy. This yacht has been maintained to the highest degree, there has been much attention to detail. Her pilot will feel in control behind the helm, she cruises flawlessly and efficiently.Fuel consumption at 8.5kt cruise is about 8 gallons per hour. The stern jet is a great improvement when docking in tight quarters. The fiberglass hull adds strength and makeshull maintenance easy. The Majestic "Flying Lady" is turning heads every day. A new proud buyer will love this yacht as it has now been brought to a new high level of restoration.History
- 1937 Mr. Trimpi contracted MathisYacht Companyin Camden New Jerseyto build a 60' Trumpy house boat, she was christened "Blue Heaven" she was delivered to Florida. Three months later 77 year old Mr. Trimpi past away.
- 1938-1950 Margaret, Mr. Trimpi's widow sold "Blue Heaven" to the state of New Jersey where she was re- christened Inspector. She wasput to work for the department of Health. She was used to inspect the shell fish producing watersof New Jersey, Delaware Bay andNew York Harbor.
- 1951-1961 Mr. James Hill purchased inspector and re-christened her back to Blue Heaven. The vessel was brought to the Trumpy yard in Annapolis Maryland where she went through a year long re-fit and re-power. She was then used to cruise from Philadelphia Pa. to Key Largo through the Intracoastal waterway. After ten years of service Blue Heaven was brought back to Trumpy and Sons in Annapolis Md. to be cleaned up and sold.
- 1961-1993 Blue Heaven was purchased by Mills B. Lane. the owner of C&S Bank of Savannah Georgia. At the Trumpy yard the vessel went through another re-fit whichwas said to have taken over 9700 man hours of labor at a cost of $100,000.She was then re-christened Flying Lady after the Rolls Royce hood ornament. In 1988 after many delightfulyears of service Mr. Mills contracted The American Boat Yard in Virginia to perform anothermajor restoration of the entire vessel. With this restoration 90% of the vessels frames were sistered with white oak timbers. The hullthen went through a customC-Flex fiberglass plank fabrication process. This processhas adding strength and renewed lifeto the vessels hull.Extensive interior and mechanical work was also completed with total labor hours totaling 23000 with the cost being$1,000,000.
- In 1993 C&S Bank was sold to Nations Bank with the Trumpy Flying Lady being part of the sale.
- In 1993-1998 FlyingLady was donated to The Georgia Southern University foundation. The vessel was then leased for three years to Bobby Groves she was then purchased by Bobby grovesand had the honor of being the committee boat for the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta Georgia.
- 1998-2005 In 1998Richard andDonna Reiling purchased Flying Lady in Savannah Georgia. The vessel wasbrought to Huckins boat yard in Jacksonville Florida for another refit. Mr. Gilbert Norish was hired to draw plans to bring her back to original Trumpy design in her interior. The re-fit was completed in eleven months after 27,000. man hours at a cost over $1,000,000. She was then brought to her new home, Lakewood Yacht Club in Seabrook Texas.Then aftermuch cruising and 27,000 engine hoursshe was then brought to Pier 66 marina in Galveston Texas. Mr. Rick Ryan was hired there to overhaul both engines and transmissions.In 2005 all interior and exterior paint and varnish was refinished making her ready for more cruising.
- 2006 to present. "Flying Lady"has been loved by her past and present owner kept in Palm Beach Floridamostly cruising the intercoastal waterways. Both owners havehad her captain and crews maintaining and improving this yacht,bringing her to a new level of beautiful completion.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.