Fort Lauderdale, FL
CAT C32's installed new in 2014 (due to warranty issues with original C30's)Recent $50k Price ReductionNew TNT Hydraulic swim platformCAT warranties valid until November 2023Low hours on machineryYacht Controller wireless docking system Full walk around main deckDavit overhaul and new motorNew props, plus a spare setFactory installed portholes in port & starboard staterooms, in addition to master“Control 4” AV control system throughoutNew larger BBQ grillOwned in a transferable, single entity corporationIncludes a 2015 25' Sea Hunt with twin Yamaha 150'sSeller will consider smaller tradesThe 72 Hatteras is one of the few yachts available under 75’ to offer 4 guest staterooms, with a separate 5th cabin aft for crew, and a full walk around main deck.Amongst other notable upgrades Carpe Diem is fitted with the desirable CAT C32 ACERT main engines, rather than C30’s, making her much more reliable, and with existing Platinum warranties valid until November 2023 buyers can rest easy.The current owner has meticulously maintained the yacht with two full-time crew, and has lovingly updated her with beautiful interior fabrics, and upgraded systems.Carpe Diem represents incredible value in today’s market. Currently held in a transferable corporation, she’s a turnkey solution for anyone looking for a spectacular family yacht, or great charter platform.
- NameCARPE DIEM
- Current Price$2,449,000
- Hull MaterialFiberglass
- Draft5.33 ft
- Fuel Capacity2220|gallon
- Beam20.17 ft
- Location (city)Fort Lauderdale
- Location (state)FL
- Location (country)US
- MLS® #7273225
- ModelMotor Yacht
- Sub-TypeMotor Yachts, Flybridge, Pilothouse
- # of Cabins1
- # of Heads5
- ModelC32 ACERTS
- Boat Engine Location CodePort
- ModelC32 ACERTS
- Boat Engine Location CodeStarboard
- New TNT Hydraulic swim platform
- CAT warranties valid until November 2023
- Low hours on machinery
- Yacht Controller wireless docking system
- Full walk around main deck
- Davit overhaul and new motor
- New props, plus a spare set
- Factory installed portholes in port & starboard staterooms, in addition to master
- “Control 4” AV control system throughout
- New larger BBQ grill
- Owned in a transferable, single entity corporation
- Includes a 2015 25' Sea Hunt with twin Yamaha 150's
The 72 Hatteras is one of the few yachts available under 75’ to offer 4 guest staterooms, with a separate 5th cabin aft for crew, and a full walk around main deck.
Amongst other notable upgrades Carpe Diem is fitted with the desirable CAT C32 ACERT main engines, rather than C30’s, making her much more reliable, and with existing Platinum warranties valid until November 2023 buyers can rest easy.
The current owner has meticulously maintained the yacht with two full-time crew, and has lovingly updated her with beautiful interior fabrics, and upgraded systems.
Carpe Diem represents incredible value in today’s market. Currently held in a transferable corporation, she’s a turnkey solution for anyone looking for a spectacular family yacht, or great charter platform.
This extremely low hour 2008 72' Hatteras features a modern and contemporary interior, with satin-finished African Mahogany. Boasting 4 staterooms, on deck day head, and separate crew accommodations aft, this extremely comfortable motor yacht is packed with features not commonly found on a vessel this size.
Upon entering the main salon you’re greeted by a light filled open plan salon and dining area, encompassing a full service sit down bar, perfect for entertaining, and generous seating.
The satin wood, light fabrics and quality detailed stonework give this bright room a contemporary, luxurious, and relaxing feel.
To port is a full service granite-topped wet bar, with a 50" flat screen TV (wall mounted above), icemaker and refrigerator, and to starboard is a large sofa and coffee table. An iPad linked to the yachts AV system via the “Control 4” program, allows you to select from a selection of entertainment options.
Forward of the salon area is an elegant varnished dining table, and two glass front cabinets for china and formal flatware.
Forward again is the beautiful country style galley.
This open and social area features full size stainless steel appliances, central island preparation area, and breakfast dinette with built in wraparound leather seating.
This stylish galley is also finished with satin African Mahogany, granite countertops, and durable “Amtico” teak and holly flooring. Being positioned all the way forward on the main deck, this room benefits from panoramic views thanks to the sweeping forward windows, and direct access to the bow seating area is made easy via two wing doors on either side of the galley.
This level also features a well appointed on deck day head, with window.
All staterooms are located on the lower deck, the master stateroom is full beam and features an oversized king berth, walk-in closet and a his/hers head connected by a huge glass enclosed shower.
This light filled stateroom has 6 large oval-shaped portholes, giving spectacular views of the horizon.
The three additional staterooms (two doubles and a single) are located forward of the master, also finished in satin African Mahogany and the heads have stonework consistent with the rest of the vessel.
All staterooms have flat screen HD TV's with “Control 4” controls, and individual air conditioning units.
Carpe Diem features a generous flybridge with an integrated hardtop with a retractable glass section. A removable EZ2CY 3-sided enclosure, allows this area to be an open flybridge or enclosed.
This versatile deck is air conditioned for comfortable cruising during the summer months, and can be heated if desired.
Large upholstered wrap around seating to port and starboard with two small pedestal tables allows the area to comfortably entertain large groups, and the full service wet bar ensures all their needs are met.
Aft of the enclosure is the boat deck complete with 1500 lb davit, port and starboard docking stations, and upgraded BBQ grill.
The main deck aft area has teak decking and a wide built in stairwell giving easy access to the fly bridge. Forward facing built in seating with a varnished wood pedestal table on the aft deck for outdoor dining, and a drop down LCD HD TV.
Carpe Diem also features a newly installed custom TNT hydraulic swim platform, full walk around decks from the aft deck area all the way forward, and adjustable sun bathing cushions on the bow.
- CAT C32 ACERTS 1,700hp (CAT Warranties valid until November 2023) 1000hrs (as of 10/15/2019)
- Gearboxes: ZF Gears (model 2350) reduction gears 4.00:1 ratio
- Drive: 2x Federal Nibral 8-blade proppellers (48" x 65.25")
- 4” Stainless steel prop shafts
- Barry vibration dampening engine mounts
- Block heaters on main engines
Generators & Electricity
- 2x 27.5 KW 120/240V, Onan generators, 2700hrs (as of 10/15/2019)
- 240/120V shore power system
- 2x Glendinning 100 amp power cords forward
- 2x Glendinning 100 amp power cords aft.
- Fuel Capacity: 2,220 US Gallons total
Aft (740 US gal)
Mid (1020 gal)
Fwd (460 gal)
- Water Capacity: 300 gal
- Holding Tank: 350 gal.
- Black Water Tank: 300 gal
- Grey Water Tank: 185 gal
- (4) Air conditioning zones & reverse cycle heating w/digital CruiseAir SMX controls
- Reverse Osmosis watermaker
- ABT Trac Hydraulic Stabilizers w/digital display at helm station
- Hydraulic dual prop bow thruster w/control at helm (also controls at wing stations and aft deck station)
- SeaStar hydraulic steering
- CAT backup manual engine controls at port & stbd, fb deck and the lower station at the aft deck
- Hatteras Yachts Monitoring System (monitor screen at helm station)
- Dual RACOR primary fuel filters on each main engine
- 24volt DC bilge and sump pumps, two at 2000 gph and six at 3700 gph with heavy duty float switches and guards
- Bilge high water alarm system with 6 sensors
- 4x underwater lights
- Bennett Trim Tabs w/ controls at helm (hydraulic)
- KitichenAid 4x burner ceramic cooktop
- Whirlpool convection oven w/broiler
- Sharp carousel microwave/convection oven
- Double door srefrigerator
- Badger in-sink disposal
- Whirlpool dishwasher
- Whirlpool trash-compactor
- Whirlpool stacked washer/dryer in stateroom companionway
- Central vacuum system w/multiple outlets for hook up
- KVH M7 TracVision satellite reception system providing depth 72mile radar w/digital split range radout and a 6' open array scanner
- 4x separate GMDSS DSS SAT receivers
- 2x Icom ICM604 VHF radios at helm
- Radar: Furuno
- GPS: Garmin
- Automatic Pilot: Simrad AP25 24volt hydraulic autopilot system
- Chart Plotter: 2x RayMarine GSeries color GPS plotters with GPM400 processors
- Furuno RD30 multifunction digital displays w/depth, water temp, air pressure, air tem, humidity, wind speed, wind direction, vessel speed, ect.
- ELBEX video monitoring system w/flybridge processor, remote control and both aft deck and ER compartment telescoping cameras
- Compass: RITCHIE Powerdamp dashmount compass
- Maxwell 4000 hydraulic anchor windlass w/chain gypsy, capstan drum, main engine PTO, and dual foot controls
- 100lb nonmagnetic grade stainless steel plow anchor w/approx 250' galvanized 3/8" G4 high tensile chain
- MarQuipt davit TL2-1500 (1500lb)
- MarQuipt Tide Ride boarding ladder in hidden compartment inside at the superstructure
- Plastimo inland waters 8 person emergency liferaft
- Type IV m.o.b. ring
- Complement of type(s) I & III PFD's
- ACR RLB35 GFix EPIRB w/hydrostatic release (S/N 4433)
- Dual trumpet horn
- ACR remote controlled spotlight
- Escape portholes in topsides hull, port and starboard master stateroom
Without doubt one of the cleanest yachts available in this range. Bring offers, smaller trades considered.N&J Disclaimer
Specifications and details of this vessel are provided in good faith for informational purposes only. Data regarding the specifications, operating characteristics and condition of the vessel was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, capacities, consumption and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided and agrees to instruct his agent or surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price and inventory changes and withdrawal from market without notice.
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker has been told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot and does not guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise, and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.